This is an important announcement for the WRSA’s 60th Anniversary Meeting in February 2021. Due to the growing uncertainty with the recent resurge of COVID-19 worldwide, it is challenging to have our in-person meeting in Palm Springs as scheduled.WRSA reached an agreement to cancel the in-person meeting in Palm Springs and to move forward with the VIRTUAL MEETING option.
WRSA understands that the virtual meeting is not the most ideal for scholarly interaction among our members and participants; however, protecting the health of our members is our highest priority. Thank you for your understanding!
So now, WRSA 2021 will be virtual. Here are some key updates.
- New Paper Submission Due Date:
- The new extended paper submission due date is Dec 31st, 2020.
- This also applies to the Tiebout Prize Paper Competition submission.
- Meeting Date Changed:
- The new meeting dates will be Monday, Feb 22 – Thursday, Feb 25, 2021 (instead of Feb 21 – 24, 2021).
- The WRSA 2021 Virtual Meeting will open on Monday, February 22nd with the Lay James Gibson Opening Plenary Session. Three days of paper sessions and some virtual social events will follow on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday (the 23rd through the 25th).
- Registration Fee Adjusted:
The registration fee for the 60th Anniversary Virtual Meeting has been changed.
- For Regular (non-student) Participants, the new registration fee is $95, which includes the WRSA’s Annual Membership Due. For those not participating in the annual conference, the Annual Membership Due is $95.
- For Student Participants, the new registration fee is $40. The registration fee for the students who submit their papers to the Tiebout Prize Paper Competition will be waived.
- Tiebout Prize:
- Tiebout Prize Paper Competition submission due is also extended to Dec 31st, 2020.
- The registration fee for the students who submit their papers to the Tiebout Prize Paper Competition will be waived.
Please submit your paper and encourage your colleagues to participate in our 60th Anniversary meeting to be held virtually on February 22-25, 2021.
Also, feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.