Our 62nd Annual Meeting in 2023 is just 10 days away!!
We’re heading to Big Island, HI (returning to one of our member’s most beloved spots !! It is our 5th meeting in Big Island!!).
Our meeting dates are February 15-18, 2023, with the opening plenary and reception scheduled for the afternoon of Wednesday (Feb. 15), followed by three full days of sessions on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday (Feb 16-18).
Please find our “FINAL PROGRAM” HERE!
Please review this revised (final) program very carefully since it reflects a few minor changes based on last-minute requests.
In the “Index to Participants” section on pages 24 through 27, you can locate your paper presentation session and other assigned duties (chair and/or discussant roles).
Discussants should prepare about 5–10 minutes of remarks, allowing at least 10 minutes for questions from, and open discussion with, session attendees.
WRSA Program Committee sent out the assigned papers to all the discussants and notified the chairs about the assigned chair role on Feb 1st, 2023. If you have not yet received the assigned paper(s) for your discussant role, please email us (firstname.lastname@example.org), immediately.
Our meeting hotel is Hilton Waikoloa Village in Big Island, HI, one of our members’ most beloved meeting spots. Located on the sunny, scenic Kohala Coast, the oceanfront resort offers a taste of the island life full of culture, poolside relaxation, and a chance to meet marine wildlife up close. At Hilton Waikoloa Village, you can enjoy the magic of Hawaii, an oasis dotted with lagoons, pools, water slides, and a wide variety of restaurants and bars.
With a $15 daily resort fee (reduced from $45 for our group), you can enjoy the perks listed below,
- Internet access in your room (Not in meeting rooms)
- Hawaiian Cultural Classes—Including Ukulele, Lei Making, and Hula Lessons
- PlayStation® 3 access with unlimited movies and games (DVD Now card can only be used in your specified tower)–Limit 2 checked out at any given time
- Local, toll-free, and credit card calls (No access fee)
- Complimentary 15-minute photo session and souvenir keepsake
- 20% discount on beach toys at the saltwater lagoon
- Keiki Pool Activities & Scavenger Hunt—The schedule listed on the back of our resort activities guide
- Fitness or Yoga Class at the Kohala Spa—Space is limited and reservations are recommended by contacting Kohala Spa at extension 1228.
- Big Island Bird Talk with resident wildlife specialist—Daily at 10 am in the main lobby. The talk will last approximately 30 minutes. Reservations are not required and guests can drop by at anytime
- $10 off Hawaii Nautical sailings on the Spirit of Aloha catamaran from Anaeho’omalu Bay
Looking forward to seeing all of you in Waikoloa, the Big Island of HI, soon!!